When you are in the market for a patient technician school, it is only natural that you look for the best. There are quiet a few web articles on what the best patient care technicians schools and colleges are; these however solely focus on the listed state, and in this regard such a list could be considered somewhat inconclusive. As there is hardly a single metric (universal) on what the best patient care technicians schools and colleges in the market are, this article will look at this dynamic from a different perspective. Here goes.
When you are looking for a patient technician school the following are some of the guideposts that you might want to look out for:
- Foremost is the prerequisite that goes with enlisting for a patient technician job. There are institutions that take / accept students straight from high school, and some that require prior training/ experience as a patient technician.
- The second qualification that one looks at with regard to a particular school is the platform via which the learning process is dispensed. One can study for this course via two avenues – the classroom situation as well as the online platform. Whatever path one elects to follow, there are two common elements that transcend both forums: classroom instructions as well as the required hands on training.
- The third element that one must factor in when electing to pursue a patient technician course and more so from the online platform is this – the certification. Remember that in some states you need to be certified to ply your trade. The National Health Care Association oversees this certification. The certification will require the compulsory completion of certain courses as well as taking the national certifying exam.
In your journey to be a patient technician, and this is written with a bias for online students; the period it takes to complete your course is under 1 year. As stated earlier the prerequisite for this qualification is a high school diploma or an equivalent qualification.
The learning modules in this course that must be successfully completed are as follows:
- Certified nursing assistant (CAN)
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Medical Administrative Assistant
- Medical Billing/Claims
- Medical Office Assisting
- MBA – Healthcare Management
- Bachelor in Healthcare Management
- Advanced Nursing Skills
- Electrocardiogram (EKG)
Remember that the online route does not exempt you from the practical aspects of the course. Nay, you might have to work at a local health care provider for some time to fill your quota of practical hours.
Patient Care Technician Schools
- American InterContinental University Online
- Allied Schools
- Harrison College
- Grand Canyon University
- Penn Foster Career School
- Ashworth Career School
As a patient technician, you will have to be certified as a nursing assistant. In this capacity you will work alongside doctors and nurses to aide patients in matters mobility, as well as the general care of these patients. This career line requires something of a calling and if you can hack it the rewards are aplenty. At the satisfaction level, this is a career line that has many opportunities for growth, it is a career that promises financial rewards as you scale the ladder of preferment. At the personal level, this is a career that grants the intrinsic value accrued from the fact that you know that you made a difference in another individual’s life. As for the best patient care technicians schools and colleges (online), it is up for you to elect on that. All the best on that score.
Category: Online Colleges